We just need to check you're old enough to drink in your country.
Full Terms and Conditions
By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them together with any other promotional material.
Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between any other communications (including advertising or promotional materials) and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1. The promoter is Whyte & Mackay Limited, 4th Floor, St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St.Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG (the “Promoter”).
2. The promotion is open to individuals who are: (i) aged 18 years or over; and (ii) residents of the United Kingdom.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants or associates.
5. Entry into the promotion is limited to one per person and applications from agents, third parties, consumer groups or bulk applications will not be accepted. Anyone entering more than once, whether by using multiple handsets, multiple identities or a computerised (automated) system will be disqualified from the promotion.
6. The promotion opens on 29/04/2021 and will close on 14/05/2021 (the "Promotional Period"). Any entries received outside of the Promotional Period will be automatically rejected. Proof of submission shall not constitute proof of receipt of an entry by Promoter.
7. All entrants represent that they are of legal drinking age in their country of residence and acknowledge and accept that Promoter shall have the right to discard any entries at any time which are found not to satisfy this criterion.
8. To enter for a chance to win Prize (as detailed below), comment on Shackleton competition Instagram post detailing your favourite Shackleton serve, who you would like to enjoy one with and share this post to your story. Valid entries received shall be entered into a prize draw.
9. Entrants are advised to take care when submitting an entry. Only correctly submitted entries will be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, entries featuring spelling mistakes will be disqualified. Capital or lowercase letters will both be accepted.
10. All entries must be in your own words and not copied. Eligible entries will be judged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions:
a. Entries must not contain or refer to any third party brand and must not contain or reference any third party names, logos and/or trademarks.
b. When you submit any materials via the promotion you, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licence and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use, where the moral rights in respect of the Content are yours to assert. You warrant that you have the full authority to grant these rights.
c. You warrant and agree that:
(a) you will not submit any Content that is unlawful, criminal or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, dangerous, obscene, derogatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, offensive, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 14, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) you will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in
(c) you will obtain full prior consent from any person who has
jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
(d) your Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any
person or entity; and
(e) you will comply will all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation, those governing copyright, content defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, you indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms. Any entry that shows, displays and/or demonstrates any of the foregoing will not be accepted, and, if appropriate, will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
11. There shall be six winners in total. Winners will be selected on 14 May 2021 from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. Winners will be picked at random by Promoter. The winners will be notified by message to the Instagram account attributable to their entry on 14 May 2021 with details on how to claim the prize. All reasonable effort will be made to contact winners, however, in the event a claim for a prize is not received by 14 August 2021 the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to an alternative entrant. Selection of winners shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
12. Each winner shall win two x Shackleton Tin Mugs (the “Prize”).
13. All prizes issued under this promotion are strictly non-transferrable and must not be offered for resale.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter, vary, suspend or withdraw this promotion as the Promoter deems necessary in its absolute sole discretion. The Promoter shall have the right in its absolute sole discretion to substitute any prize with one of equivalent or greater value. The prize or its alternative must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this promotion.
15. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to award any prize under this promotion to a winning entrant.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and
conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
17. The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any participant.
19. In particular the Promoter does not assume any responsibility, liability, loss, damage or injury sustained as a result of or in connection with this promotion:
a. for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission,
tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise;
b. where there is no breach of any legal duty of care owed to the participant;
c. where any loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of breach of any such duty of care;
d. where any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
e. for business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
20. In this clause, “Data Protection Legislation” means any laws, rules, regulations, directive, decrees, orders or other legal requirements relating to the protection or processing of Personal Information in any relevant jurisdiction, including General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications
(EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as replaced or supplemented from time to time.
21. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter may publish the surname and country of prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries on Instagram on 14 May 2021 (the “Announcement Date”) or send the surname and country of prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails [email protected] or writes to the Promoter’s address set out in Condition 1 (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month of the Promotional Period. If you object to any or all of your surname, country and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at [email protected] In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to this promotion.
23. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
24. These Terms and Conditions are subject to Scottish Law and each of the participants shall be deemed to irrevocably submit to exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts.
25. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.